With finals approaching, most of us will be buried in notes and books to make sure we cram as much material in our brains as possible. This is never the ideal situation but it always ends up happening. Like many of you, I always tell myself I’ll prepare for finals weeks in advance but it never ends up happening. In light of finals week and the full days of intensive studying that will occur, this is the perfect time to share some study break tips!
Quick Study Breaks:
- Call a friend or family member
- 10 minute meditation
- Play with animals!!!
- Get up and move (walk, dance, jump around)
- Grab a snack or some caffeine
- Suture practice (I find this weirdly therapeutic and it’s good practice)
Longer Study Breaks:
- Get a 30+ min workout in
- Journal about your day/week/semester
- Watch ONE episode of your favorite show
- Pamper yourself (I love face masks and bubble baths)
- Nap (this one may be dangerous—set an alarm!)
- Grocery shop or cook yourself a meal!