It’s about that time! VIRMP application is in, institutions are reading your materials, and you are anxiously waiting for emails and phone calls inviting you to interview. So, now’s the time to start preparing your answers. You’re going to be asked those typical questions, and you’ll definitely be asked some curveballs, so start thinking about your answers now. Type them out and practice them in front of a mirror. You got this.
Here are some questions you may be asked:
- Why are you interested in pursuing an internship with us over other institutions?
- A client asks you: “Wow, you look really young, are you sure you know what you’re doing?” How would you respond to that?
- What do you hope to get out of an internship?
- How do you cope with / manage stress?
- What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
- What skills and expertise can you bring to our community that are unique from other individuals?
- What makes you a good veterinarian?
- What is your dream job (outside of veterinary medicine)?
- Tell me about your path to veterinary medicine?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What is the most difficult situation you’ve been faced with since you got in veterinary medicine? How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?
- How do you plan to maintain your hobbies during your internship year?
- How do you stay up to date in the field of veterinary medicine?
- If a fellow intern is struggling with a case, what would you do to help him or her?