Dental care is essential to maintaining a pet’s overall health. Over the past few years, dental disease has become one of the most common concerns in dogs and cats. There are a lot of pet dental products available in the market and, many times, clients want to know which dental products I recommend. Today, I wanted to share my favorite dental products for dogs and cats, which will help to address bad breath and plaque build-up—both of which are signs of periodontal disease.
- OralVet Dental Hygiene Chews help to prevent the attachment of bacteria and biofilm production which create plaque. These have a vanilla flavor and are very digestible.
- DenTees Chews from Dechra aid to remove plaque build-up and refresh the pet’s breath. These are easily digested and have a good flavor.
- C.E.T VeggieDent Flex help to clean the teeth, freshen the breath, and support digestive and joint health. These treats are plant-based, gluten-free, and easily digestible. It contains a novel ingredient from the eggshell membrane that aids joint health in senior dogs and prevents joint issues in younger dogs.
- Purina Pro Plan Crunchy Bites aid to eliminate tartar and calculus with their crunchy texture. These contain liver and chicken flavor, and are less than 2 calories per treat.
- C.E. T. IntelliDent Cat Bites help to clean teeth, freshen breath, and support gum health. These are for cats of all ages and should be given as a serving of 3 bites per day.
- Feline Greenies Dental Treats reduce tartar build-up with their crunchy texture and eliminate bad breath in adult cats. These are very tasty and available in several flavors: roasted chicken, tuna, salmon, shrimp, and catnip. These also have less than 2 calories per treat.
- C.E.T Oral Hygiene Kit for Dogs and Cats is recommended for pets that may build up tartar and plaque faster. The toothpaste has a tasty poultry flavor and is all you need for daily brushing at home.